LIMBO After playing the trial for LIMBO, the jury seems right about how awesome this game is and a perfect way to start off the Summer of Arcade on Xbox Live.

LIMBO is creepy. Period.  The black & white silhouette theme mixed with the sounds and music just adds to eeriness. Although LIMBO has a creepy feel to it, you never feel “scared” per say. I mean it isn’t like a F.E.A.R. or Dead Space scary. It’s more like a Disney movie scary(minus the decapitations and such).

While I was running with this nameless kid I found myself stopping periodically to make sure I didn’t kill myself. I’ve never played a game before where dying was fun, and LIMBO succeeds with that element. The cool thing about it is the way death is handled. After you die you don’t lose much ground in LIMBO. Death is kind of used as a means of taking a glimpse into the future. You immediately resurrect at the point of death where you will then need to figure out how to pass without having your head chopped off.

The few puzzle elements I was exposed to in the trial plus just wanting to help the nameless kid get out of wherever he is was enough for me to justify a 1200 point purchase of LIMBO, and I think you should too. You can purchase LIMBO from the Xbox Marketplace here.

image http://www.limbogame.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/screenshot02-800x450.jpg

Leave a Reply