World of WarcraftImage via Wikipedia
So a little bit about me before I go deep into this WoW Crash Course. My name is Swizza, or Swizz if you want to shorten it. I've been playing this very unpopular MMORPG called World of Warcraft. Heard of it? You probably haven't, since only 11.5 million players are subscribed to it. Well I've been playing World of Warcraft, or WoW, for 6 years now. In fact, I helped alpha and beta test it during the Summer of 2004, so I have some sort of attachment to the game if you will. My main and most loved class is the Warlock, the DoT-casting-pet-controlling class. I currently raid a couple nights a week in the top-level raid dungeon Icecrown Citadel and am hoping to kill the Lich King before Cataclysm launches.

Enough about me, let's get to the main reason behind this WoW Crash Course and what I intend to accomplish. This guide is in no way intended to be for the expert WoW player who is 11/12 into ICC content. This guide is specifically for the WoW player who has no idea what DPS they should be doing or what iLevel means. The player who just hit 80 and wants to raid but isn't sure what add-ons they should have or how to gem their new epic chest piece.

Now although this is a "newbie" guide, this is more for players who either have played other MMORPG's, or have been playing WoW for awhile but have just hit max level or are almost there and want to be prepared.

So I repeat, this guide is not for the veteran World of Warcraft player. If this is you, you won't learn anything you already know.

I will break this guide down into multiple posts to make it easy to navigate. For example, this post is "Swizza's WoW Crash Course: Introduction". The next post will be called "Swizza's WoW Crash Course: " with of course the part the actual topic of the tutorial. 

Well I hope you learn a thing or two from my Crash Course into WoW! Stay tuned for the rest of the guide.



Leave a Reply