Did you get your copy of Resident Evil 5 shipped to you the day before it released? No?! Why not! Gamefly usually ships newly released games the day before the street date. So with Resident Evil for example, Gamefly shipped it on March 12th, and I got it on March 14th. Now how did I make sure Gamefly sent a fresh copy to me when so many other gamers also wanted it? Read on!

First, make sure there are NO OTHER GAMES IN YOUR QUEUE! This is important, because if a title you really want at the top of your queue isn't available, Gamefly will send the next title in your queue that is available. Now when you send a game back, Gamefly will immediately ship you a new game when they get it. So if you have Resident Evil 5 in your queue by itself, Gamefly has no choice but to wait until it is available to ship to you, since you have no other titles you want.

Simple enough? It is!

Here is another example. Right now I have the 3-game plan. I have Street Fighter IV, Tom Clancy's HAWX, and Resident Evil 5. I want Halo Wars now, so I'm going to send back Tom Clancy's HAWX and wait until Gamefly gets it and ships me Halo Wars whenever it becomes available. Granted, Halo Wars has a very low availability, which means that Gamefly has none at all in stock. But that's fine since usually within 2 days they get a few copies to ship out. Of course I only have Halo Wars in the queue, so they HAVE to send that to me sooner or later.

Hope this helps you all out if you are just starting out with Gamefly.

Leave a Reply